Peeks In The Window

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Window Is Open, I Feel Crummy & Cheetah Gets Revenge!

Hi All--- Here's step 1 of a new Wonder Woman Bondage commission. I've been modeling these after classic old school, pulpy bondage situations. I found my idea for the Wonder Woman/ Zatanna commission in Sensation Comics #26 in my copy of Les Daniels' Wonder Woman The Complete History. There's a great golden age Wonder Woman tied to the railroad tracks panel that really caught my eye, so I riffed on it. This piece is a combination of two of my favorite pop culture women---Wonder Woman of course, and Bettie Page. My work is heavily influenced by Dave Stevens' The Rocketeer, and because of that, I discovered and fell in love with Bettie Page at an early age---My other teen-age crush was Linda Carter as Wonder Woman...So really this piece makes perfect sense:) In an effort at a nice homage, I pulled the Wonder Woman pose from a classic Irving Claw photo, and Cheetah's hairbrush wielding spanking was inspired by another photo of Ms Page. I did my best to make it both alluring and epic at the same time. In other news----I'm feeling crummy after spending the last four days looking after my daughter, who had a pretty harsh bit of the flu. I fear I may have picked it up.
I just couldn't get up the gumption to go out to the post office today, so my heartiest apologies to Peter and David for not getting their commissions mailed out. I'll have 'em out tomorrow---Thanks for your patience, guys. Okay---I think that's everything! Hope everyone has had a great Monday, and thanks to everyone who's stopped by today!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Drew, sorry you're feeling under the weather. The composition looks great. Bringing the old skool Marston kinkiness to the modern Wonder Woman is exactly what I'm hoping for. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karl! I'm having a lot of fun with it so far!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :) Glad you like it so far, Peter! Your commission should be delivered to you tomorrow---Hope you'll enjoy it!

      Delete