Peeks In The Window

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

GREETINGS TO ALL, AND THE WINDOW IS OPEN!

I'm new to this, so please forgive me of any mistakes. My name is Ray Snyder and I'll be posting the inks of some of Drew's commissions just as Drew posts his progress. I'm very proud to be participating, and thank you to everyone who has commissioned my services. I apologize for the late start, my very sweet (but dangerously evil) three legged kitten decided to play her favorite game - Knock Things Off Shelves - with my computer. Unfortunately, my scanner was directly under the computer, both were utterly destroyed. Now, with safer locations (and new equipment), I am up, running and ready to post.
Here you'll find the blue-line version of Drew's 'Guy and Ice' commission (for David). This is printed on DC board in non-reproduction photo cyan. I will be working both directly over Drew's pencils, and in blue-line depending on the client's wishes. In this case David wanted to retain Drew's original art, while at the same time having a fully finished inked version. I'll be posting again after I knock out the extreme foreground elements to get at the real 'meat' of the piece, Guy and Ice. Thanks to Drew for creating such an interesting and insightful playground in which to play!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing more posts from you Ray, I think most of us fans are quite familiar with how a penciller goes for layouts to finish, less so an inker so this will be quite interesting (for me at least)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ken.

    Drew and I have always been of a like mind. When we started our careers in art (Drew with comics, and I began as a portraiture artist) we searched for inspiration and an insight. We were lucky enough to find kind artist who would open their world to us. This adventure is a reflection of the desire to not only be very open with our clients, but to also give a very real look at what is involved in the making of a piece of art. I hope that you enjoy this, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask them.

    Best,
    Ray

    ReplyDelete